The few North Americans with whom I've ever had more than passing contact have struck me as being good company, but generally on the most superficial levels only. I'm always shocked, perhaps frightened even, by the thought that their country might well be populated by a majority of people just like them. And I think I should be shocked too.
Not being effectively and collectively concerned about the so-called questionable activities of (powerful) nations is probably what allows such nations to do bad things. Again and again.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2012 (22)
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (48)
- Jimi Hendrix Busking Hound Dog (acoustic)
- A Short Film about Sweden
- Coalfinger, (No, really, this is good).
- Eddie on Christianity. Good stuff.
- United World Colleges
- I'm Proud of our Cycling Town
- The Running of the Bulls at Pamplona
- Impressions of North Americans
- Slip-sliding away......
- Blimey, Booker T
- 2 Summer Days in Salop & 2 in Wales
- ▼ August (11)